TMJ 'dysfunction' - Health implications

Within this forum, you will discover valuable insights on how a 'dysfunctional' jaw, dental arch anomalies, and various body asymmetries can contribute to illness from a unique perspective. This is your go-to resource for finding effective solutions and achieving lasting relief.
It is currently Thu, 28 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon, 06 Dec 2021, 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

“…in a world of constant change, you need to try to connect with the surrounding environment any way you can; by sweeping your eyes, by opening your mind to uncomfortable ideas, even by trying to sympathize with historically noxious figures. Only then could you improve your chances of not missing the signs that something, something important, was about to change.” .........Joshua Cooper Ramos.

Is there a cure for autism?
Autism/Learning Difficulties/OCD Testimony

I discovered Dr Amir in 2015. I was deep in the midst of BDD (Body Dysmorphia Disorder); for those who don’t know about this disorder, It’s a very deeply ingrained insecurity about appearance that has a vice-like grip on your everyday life to such an extent that you feel like you’re a living freak. My ‘insecurity’ was about the shape of my jaw and as such, I’d spent weeks googling ‘misaligned jaw treatment’ this is how I discovered Dr Amir’s practise in Putney. Anyway, regarding my BDD, that’s gone now, and it’s not what I’m here to talk about.

I’m here to discuss learning difficulties and Autism.
During my lengthy treatment, I spent many an hour on Dr Amir’s website and was fascinated by the possibilities and what else his treatment could achieve. One testimonial, in particular, stood out, it was about an Autistic guy who had learning difficulties. He’d finished Dr Amir’s treatment and had come out the other side of it; more sociable, more empathic and a fully functioning adult able to run his own business. This testimonial really shocked and resonated with me because I, myself, have an autistic sibling.

My brother was in a terrible way circa 2016/17, he had NUMEROUS problems and numerous strange rituals too. He was unable to get dressed by himself, that job was left to my mother. If his pyjama trousers rubbed against his leg the ‘wrong’ way he demanded she start all over again. He’d scream whenever he was in the toilet claiming he was uncomfortable, he was insistent that he had to be sat ‘perfectly’. In fact, everything had to be ‘perfect’. He went through phases, one month nobody could sit next to him and the next month he was too afraid to sit down full stop. My mum would often cry and to make matters even worse, every time she would approach him to talk to him about his problems, he wouldn’t talk. Hassan was very difficult to get a conversation out of, so it was often difficult to tell what exactly was wrong with him.

I brought him to Dr Amir in July 2017, a month before he was due to start sixth-form at Bromley college, and he was really in a bad way. Dr Amir would often observe his strange stance whereby he would walk around holding his two hands out above his head. When asked why he stood and walked in this peculiar fashion, Hassan said ‘to keep the germs away’. Hassan’s venture into college was an exercise in futility and by October 2017 he’d completely dropped out, his teachers were convinced he would need care for the rest of his life. Nevertheless, we kept persevering with Dr Amir’s treatment and his advice. In time the eye bags under his eyes went, his skin began to look a healthier shade of pink, the rituals went away one by one and finally, he was able to go back to school. I was amazed at the results.

Dr Amir had told me from the start of my treatment way back in 2015 that a healthy mind was all about oxygen intake. It’s been 19 or so months since Hassan began his treatment, and I was both a keen observer but also sceptical from the start. I always bore in mind EXACTLY how Hassan was at the very BEGINNING of the treatment, so I could compare and contrast it to what he is now. And I can definitely say that he’s far more sociable, his vocabulary has increased tenfold, he’s far more empathic than he ever was, and he’s definitely a lot smarter too. In fact, contrary to what his teachers believed was possible, he’s now an aspiring chef and will be looking for full-time employment, instead of being a burden on society once his sixth-form is completed. He’s already made major strides by completing work experience at the Green Man community hub as a budding chef.
Andrew B. February 2019

Comment: This graph shows Hassan's improvements.
Attachment:
Graph Hassan.PNG
Graph Hassan.PNG [ 157.27 KiB | Viewed 3340 times ]

Reviewed January 2024. Hassan leads a completely normal life now.
©2014 -2024 Dr M. Amir. All rights reserved.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+